Tuesday, April 28, 2015

33 Days to Go! But Whos Counting

So  a few weeks ago Brendon and I made a count down for craft time. This was after we had finished it. We have since started to count down in days rather than weeks.
For those wondering here is an update on the pregnancy and how things are looking for the remainder of our prep time for baby.

Around 20 weeks pregnant I was told I had inflammation in my kidney and had to be careful what I lifted, how I sat and laid down. This was a pain to do with a 2 year old around but we managed to get a lot of snuggle time and movies in between reading lots of books. For those who remember this is about when I had read the whole Divergent Series and several of the books from The Work and the Glory books. Since then my kidney had restored back to its normal and I'm not at risk of any complications from it (nor is baby). 

Below is a picture of Brendon and I in January when I was starting to show more 

The next big thing was Moving out here to Michigan in February. We took a 24 hour drive and broke it into 3 days. Nate drove the truck and I had Brendon with me in the car. Each night proved to me that I was being watched over because through the day I wouldn't have many problems but at night when we were stopped at the hotels I would feel weak, sick and exhausted. This continued for the first 2 weeks in Michigan where I would end up taking a lot of naps and sleeping in every morning. Best part was Brendon was still adjusting to the time change so he would sleep in even longer than I did. And I slept till 8:30-9 am most days. 

At my first appointment with my new OB was a bit overwhelming for me and I really wish I had taken Nathan with me. I was informed that the new office takes things a bit more cautious in terms of everything! Due to my having hypothyroidism there is no one way to treat a prenatal patient and they decided as an office (for several years now) that they will closely monitor all patients. This meant 2 visits a week starting at 34 weeks..... One day to do a Non-Stress Test and one day for ultrasound/ OB check up. On top of that they worried me that I was a high risk yet our old Doctor (and my old OB) never mentioned anything to these regards.... After talking back and forth with the office I was able to get them to agree to 1 visit a week as long as my levels and ultrasounds remain normal. I have yet to have an abnormal test for the 2.5 years I have had Hypothyroidism. but all it takes is 1 out of normal test and I go to visits every 3-4 days. Wish us luck.

Below is our first 3D Ultrasound picture of baby. The blurry part by his chin is his hand moving around.

Up to today (33 days/4.5 weeks out) things have been going well. Nothing has come back abnormal and the doctors have since stated that they don't think anything will put me or the baby at risk at this point. At our last check up they said everything is looking normal and that if we keep it up there is nothing to worry about. Tomorrow we have another ultrasound and they will be measuring to see just how big baby is.

We don't have much left to do to really get ready for baby to be here. Mostly just picking up a swing and a crib mattress, and potty training Brendon (at least day time) then we are all set! Anything else is just a plus for us at this point. Brendon and Daddy found a fun crib set for the baby and it'll be fun to get set up. Brendon's theme was/is Mickey Mouse and he picked puppies (101 Dalmatians & Snoopy) for baby Brother although they will probably share both.

No comments:

Post a Comment