Last week, on Tuesday, we were able to take dinner to a family who just had twin girls. Brendon loved helping me in the kitchen to make the dinner. His constant need for motion was great when it came to mixing things up in bowls. I love having him help me even if it means taking twice as much time to get it done. Watching him learn and copy what I do as we made things reminded me just how quickly he picks things up and can tell you all about it.
We made sweet and sour chicken, rice, rolls, fresh fruit salad, and a jello Pretzel salad for desert. After making the jello Brendon would run to the kitchen every few minutes to check on the jello and make sure it was setting. He'd run over look and come back to me and say "it's still wiggling mommy, not done yet".
One of the best parts I love is the left overs! We made enough for the family and us for dinner that night but Brendon and I broke into the fresh fruit before dinner as an early snack. Brendon would sneak a handful here and a handful their while we made everything so when I said he could finally have it he was excited. I still find it funny that he wanted the fresh fruit over the jello and pretzels, he is the type of kid that will eat chocolate and sweets every chance he gets (which are few).
When we took dinner over later in the afternoon Brendon loved being able to carry to food in a bag and hand it over the the family. He then proceeded to ask "I'm Brendon, that's mommy. Where your babies? Mommy baby here." (points to my belly) Then he started to try to look around for the babies who were sleeping in their room. He is so excited to see babies and wants his baby brother to come soon so they can "play cars, trucks, trains and watch Mickey Mouse Playhouse together"





No comments:
Post a Comment